Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Little Vegemite


With 4 weeks to go until we travel to London the most important task of all is complete. Shipping some Aussie foodstuffs! I, of course, would be lost without my favourite hot drink of Milo in the evenings. Apparently the UK version is made in Kenya and nothing like the original...so to be sure 2 x 1kg tins have gone in! To add to this are Cherry Ripes (fab chocolate bar with cherry and coconut filling covered in dark chocolate), Mint Slice biscuits (fab chocolate biscuit with mint filling covered in dark chocolate....beginning to see a pattern?), Twisties, Butter Menthols, Rosella mustard pickles along with orders from my brother and some Aussie friends in the UK.
Oh and of course the obligatory giant jar of Vegemite which I know you can get in the UK but I feel so much more comfortable knowing it's on it's way :) And no, Marmite is still not and will never be as good!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Narelle :)
    Well your ex-pat adventure is just starting as ours is finishing. Writing a blog and reading others' blogs really helped me with culture shock. I'll look forward to keeping up to date with all your life on here!
    Goodluck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mon.

    Enjoyed reading your blog so thought I would do the same for our family and friends to keep up with our adventures.

    Congrats on the bub :) Have a safe trip home if you're not back already.

    ReplyDelete