Thursday, May 27, 2010

Visit to Oz

I decided a few months back that I needed a visit back home to catch up with family and friends and to get some much needed sun! Unfortunately I spent most of it being sick. What started with a sore throat at Gatwick ended up with the person next to me on the flight from Dubai to Perth looking horrified for 11 hrs at the girl next to him vomiting the whole way! A visit to the doctor the next day resulted in a diagnosis of tonsillitis and a prescription for some strong antibiotics. Who knew you could get tonsillitis 20 years after you'd had your tonsils out??? (apparently remnants of them left...pesky things). So I had to cancel some plans I had just because I ran out of time after spending the first 4 days or so in bed. But I did manage to get some sun and catch up with family, and shop. I returned to a few days of sunshine in London (it even managed 30 degrees on Monday!) but we are back to rain and chilly nights this week. Bring on summer.

Mum and Dad at breakfast on the beach.


My old favourite: eggs benedict and a latte. The first real food I'd had in four days!

Friends at the beach...

Blue Bay beach near my parents house.

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer about your sickness when you were so looking forward to home time :( Glad you had fun in the end though!
    ps your mum has not aged at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you got to go home, but sorry you were sick! I hope to make the trip home soon, too :)

    ReplyDelete