Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Gifts - Jamie Oliver Style

Last Saturday I went to Jamie Oliver's Recipease in Clapham Junction for a cooking lesson, THE best present from James for my birthday :) I have blogged about this place before but I love it, homewares, food and cooking, some of my favourite things combined in one store.

My lesson was for homemade Xmas gifts and we made a stunning lemon curd (was told mine was the best in the class, not that I want to show off.....), a chocolate mocha mix for making hot chocolate, and florentine butter (chocolate, orange, almond and cherry butter for your christmas pudding). We received a glass of wine on arrival and our own little workstation with ingredients measured out, a lovely teacher and someone to wash our dishes afterwards. Why can't cooking be like this all the time?? This was followed by a little wrapping/decorating session to make our goodies "gift-ready". Highly recommend doing one of these classes if you're in London, so much fun! Am sure I will be back there soon.

Here are some pics of my goodies...


No comments:

Post a Comment